Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

You have been sentenced to the Fond du Lac County Jail. The court has ordered you to complete the “Jail Information
Packet” immediately and deposit it into the box by the Clerk of Court, 2nd floor of the City/County Building, 160 S. Macy
Street. When the Jail receives the Judgment of Conviction (JOC) from the court, the Jail will contact you to schedule a report-in date, which will be within 60 days from the date of sentencing unless otherwise ordered by the judge. For additional information call: Fond du Lac County Jail at (920) 906-5511 or the Huber Facility at (920) 929-3397

What is Huber?
The Court may have granted the Huber privilege to work, seek employment, to attend to the needs of family members and/or
attend school or treatment programs, if approved/verified by Jail Administration.
The Jail Division administers the Huber program under a strict set of rules. Your behavior and the preparations you make will
determine your ability to exercise Huber privileges.

Where should I report?
Fond du Lac County Jail (Use West Side of Building Next to River- Huber Entrance)
63 Western Avenue
Fond du Lac, Wl 54935


DO NOT REPORT UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL OR DRUGS!! You may be tested. By testing positive, you will
be subject to disciplinary action and your Huber privileges may be suspended or revoked!

All employment information: Employers name, address, telephone number, your supervisor’s name and the days and time
you work. You must also bring the Huber, per diem and admin kit fees. If you would like to purchase items from canteen you
may want to bring additional money to be placed in your canteen account. You may want to bring a small amount of quarters
for the laundry machines in order to wash your work clothes. A small amount of laundry detergent may be kept in your locker.
Bring only a minimal amount of things with you such as hygiene products and a reasonable amount of clothing, storage
space is limited. You will be given a locker to place your items in.

Items allowed in the dorms from the locker room are limited - You may bring 3 pairs of socks, 3 underwear, 3 t-shirts (must
be short sleeved, solid white in color, no writing, zippers, pockets, metal and/or buttons on them) 1 set of thermal underwear
(shirt & pants) are allowed. Women may not have an underwire or padding in their bras (allowed to bring in up to 3)

DO NOT bring tobacco products or lighting materials as they are prohibited in the jail.
DO NOT bring glass or metal containers.
DO NOT bring any food or drinking items with you. You may purchase items through canteen system
DO NOT bring books/magazines- the jail has a supply of these materials.
DO NOT bring in any tools, weapons, razors or aerosol sprays of any sort. No body spravs/perfumes are allowed. (Electric
razors will be allowed in the locker room- not inside the dorm) Q-tips, mouthwash and dental floss are not allowed
Cell phones will be allowed to be kept in your locker; however, you will not have access to it when in the dorms. You are not
allowed to use the cell phone while in the Huber facility.

Working Hubers may bring their medications in the original pharmacy container and with a current and properly labeled
prescription. Non-working Hubers may bring current prescribed inhaler and/or insulin only. Other medications will be ordered
by the jail nurse as necessary. Multiple medications combined in one container are not allowed. Staff will verify and set up the
medications, with approval from the jail's doctor, to be delivered to you by the Huber facility staff. This will be the process for
all medications during your stay at the Huber facility. Over the counter medications are not allowed to be brought in (The
company which provides canteen does have some items available for order) You are not allowed to consume any
medications outside of the facility or without staffs approval. Jail medication times are 6:00am and 8:00pm.
ALL controlled medications or narcotics MUST be blister packed by a pharmacy You will only be allowed to have a 14-day
supply of a controlled/narcotic medication and at the end of the 14 days the physician must re-evaluate continued need for
the medication.

Health Care
The Jail’s Medical Authority oversees all medical care of Inmates incarcerated in the Fond du Lac County Jail. It will be the
Medical Authority’s determination on whether a Huber inmate will be permitted to seek medical care/services/medications in
the community. All inmates will be held responsible for payment of any and all medical expenses that are incurred during
incarceration. This is inclusive of, but not limited to, dental and psychiatric expenses.

You have the choice of refusing any medical services or medication. However, if you choose to refuse you will need to
complete a refusal form with the jail’s medical department.

TB Skin Testing: (To Be Done Prior to Jail Report in Date)
All inmates incarcerated for more than 14 days must have a TB skin test. Prior to reporting in to begin your sentence, you
may go to the Fond du Lac County Health Department, 160 S. Macy Street between the hours of 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM and
have a county nurse administer the TB skin test. The cost is $10.00. You may provide documentation that a TB skin test was
given and read within the last 6 months to the jail nurse. Or you may have your personal physician perform the test at your
expense and provide the results to the jail nurse. Or once you have started your sentence, within the first 10 days you can
place an inmate request to set up a time to be seen by the jail nurse to administer the TB test, for a $10.00 charge. If you do
not choose any of these options, you will be held in from work and required to have a chest X-ray done at your expense, and
may be transported to do so.

NOTE: Be advised that once the TB skin test is placed it needs to be read by the provider in 48-72 hours.

Mandatory Physicals: (This May Not Be Done Prior to Your Incarceration)
Per Administrative Code 350 all inmates incarcerated for more than 14 days must have a physical done by jail health staff.
This physical will take place during jail health staff business hours. This may result in you being held in from work to allow jail
health staff to complete the physical. You are not allowed to refuse the physical otherwise you will b held in from exercising
Huber. This will be free of charge.

Wages and Huber Board:
Huber fees are $16.00 per day or $112.00 per week. The first two weeks of Huber fees must be prepaid ($224.00) in
order to exercise work release, and must remain prepaid during the entire stay.
You are charged Huber fees for every
day of your stay
up to and including your release date. Your Huber fees must be deposited in the Jail ATM located in the Jail
lobby off of Western Avenue. There is a $2.00 fee for any cash ATM transaction, charged by owner of the ATM. Huber fees
must be deposited in your account no later than Saturday at 10:00 PM, unless pre-authorized by the Officer in Charge of
accounts.  *** If you obtain employment while incarcerated and have less than 45 days until your release date you will be
required to come up with the Huber fees in advance.

If you have been previously incarcerated and have a past debt, you will be required to pay off this debt.

In accordance with Section 303.08(3) of the Wisconsin State Statues, your earnings must be documented via check stub or
statement of earnings provided by your employer. Your employer must have a valid payroll system with all appropriate taxes
being deducted. Every check stub must be turned into Huber staff for verification of hours. Check stubs will be returned to
you upon verification.

Per Diem (Maintenance Fee)
Each inmate sentenced to the Fond du Lac County Jail will be required to pay a maintenance fee, established by the County
board resolution. The fee is $5.00 per day, for a maximum of 10 days of the original sentence (not actual days in custody).
Maximum amount charged is $50.00. This is an additional fee charged at the time of booking.

How do I get to work?
If reasonable, Huber inmates may be allowed to walk to work. Huber staff may require a ride for outlying areas of the
city/county for appointments, etc. if weather or location deems necessary. If traveling by vehicle, the driver must have a valid
driver’s license, registration and be fully insured. You MUST provide a copy of the driver license, registration and insurance to
the Huber facility. The color, make, model of vehicle, plate number and name of person must be provided. You will be
allowed a reasonable amount of travel time for work. You will take the most direct route to and from your place of
employment/school/appointment, and you will not be allowed to stop any place while enroute. You will not be allowed to
socialize with family, friends or acquaintances while enroute or at work/school/child care, appointments, etc. You are not
allowed to stop at or enter any places of business including gas stations unless authorized by Huber staff.

If you bring your personal vehicle you will need to park it in LOT# 25 - along the north side of the parking lot.
will need to give the Huber facility the make, model, color, year and license plate number.

Employment Verification:
All employment is subject to approval by the Administrative staff of the Fond du Lac County Jail and must be verified. The Jail
reserves the right to deny employment when such employment affects the security, control and efficient operation of the
facility. No inmate is allowed to leave the county or state at anytime without court order or written approval by the Huber
Work Release Supervisor, Jail Administration or designee.
If employment dictates, you may be allowed out of the Huber facility up to 8 hours a day, six days a week, upon approval of
the Huber facility staff. This does not include travel time. (For those who work at Quad Graphics - you will be allowed to
work per your current work schedule.) Part-time employment is not allowed. You will only be allowed to work one job while
incarcerated. You will only be allowed to attend school or employment, not both, unless approved by Huber Supervisor. You
will be required to immediately notify the Huber staff of any job-related or other problems so that he/she may assist you in
resolving them.

Self Employed:
The Business must have been established for at least six months prior to being incarcerated and must be a full-time
employment. You must provide federal and state tax numbers as verification such as TAX ID or 10-99 and proof of
Workman’s Compensation Insurance. Hours out of the facility will be limited to 8 hours a day plus reasonable amount of
travel time. Proof of earnings comparable to that of a 40-hour work week at current minimum wage standards will be
required. You may not be at a home office or another office unless authorized by Huber staff. Inmates must provide invoices
or work performed with name, address and phone number where work is/was performed. Inmates must provide your
whereabouts/job(s) daily to the Huber facility staff.

Child Care:
Fee is $9.00 per day. You must be pre-paid two weeks ($126.00) in order to exercise this privilege. Children must be
biological children of the inmate or the inmate is the legal guardian of the children. A copy of the birth certificate(s) is required
for verification. A letter from the employer of the other parent/guardian with days and hours worked is also required and a
copy of their paycheck stub. A phone number to this employment and a direct supervisor must be provided for confirmation.
If you are employed, you will not be allowed to do child care.
The children must live at the inmate’s residence and the residence must have a landline phone. You may not leave the home
while providing child care unless approved by the Huber staff. No other adult(s) may be present while an incarcerated
individual is present in the home.

Fee is $9.00 per day. You must be pre-paid two weeks ($126.00) in order to exercise this privilege. If you were attending
school prior to incarceration, you will be allowed to continue to attend classes after confirmation of class schedule has been
completed, with Huber Supervisor’s approval. You will not be allowed to work and attend school. No on-line course(s) will
be allowed.
Classes will be attended at the college enrolled at.

Job Search:
You will be required to phone or write a prospective employer to have an application mailed in. A family member may pick up
an application, bring it to the facility during visiting hours or mail it in, whereby it be delivered to the appropriate individual.
When the application is completed, it will be returned to the prospective employer via the same means as received. The
Huber facility staff will verify such interviews, and the individual will be granted out of the facility for said interview.
Employment agencies are willing to come to the Huber Facility in order for inmates to fill out their application forms. This will
be done bi-weekly. In order to fill out an application, once incarcerated, fill out an inmate request slip to the Huber staff
requesting to meet with these agencies. Once your information is on file, you will not be allowed to call the agencies - the
agency will contact the Huber facility if they are interested in employing you.

Prior to incarceration, must have a current photo ID card and your social security card with you, in order to be
hired through an employment agency

Huber Transfer:
All transfer requests are handled by the Huber Supervisor/IDP Staff. To transfer to another county jail, you must complete
this information packet providing work information, etc. prior to the request being processed. When the Huber Supervisor/IDP
Staff contacts you to set up report in date advise her of the request to transfer to another jail facility.  ***Be advised - the
county you are requesting to transfer to must be willing to accept you. Every county has their own set of rules for accepting

Inmate Diversion Programs (IDP):
(Global Positioning System)- The Huber Work Release Supervisor/IDP Staff will review all completed “Jail Information
Packets”. Your eligibility for an IDP will be determined by the Huber Work Release Supervisor/IDP Staff. If eligible for all or
part of your sentence to be served on IDP you will be contacted by the supervisor and/or designee. The court has ordered
Huber privilege, IDP candidates are chosen at the discretion of the jail. Further instructions will be given if determined that
you qualify for IDP.

If you have been ordered to submit to a DNA sample, this can be done once you report to jail.

AODA Assessment:
You may be required to get an alcohol and other drug abuse assessment (AODA) as a condition of your sentence. These are
scheduled through the Department of Community Programs located at 459 East 1st Street. The phone number is 920-929-
3500. If you fail to schedule this appointment prior to serving your sentence in jail - you will not be allowed to schedule while
in custody and will need to schedule this after you are released.

You must provide a copy of the DRIVER SAFETY PLAN ORDER to the Huber facility

OWI Offenders- Per Wisconsin Act 100- which took effect on July 1, 2010, requires judges to order a mandatory Ignition
Interlock Device for:

• ALL repeat OWI offenders
• ALL first time OWI offenders with an alcohol concentration of 0.15% or higher
• ALL drivers who refuse to provide a breath or blood sample for a chemical test at a traffic stop

An Ignition Interlock Device is a machine that requires an alcohol-free breath sample before a car can be started.
Installation of an Ignition Interlock Device must be completed within 14 days of the court order.

Under Act 100, you must provide proof to the Sheriff (Huber facility) that an Ignition Interlock Device has been installed for
every vehicle owned by or registered to the offender regardless of whether the offender has a valid driver's license or
occupational license, unless vehicle is specifically exempted by the court. Huber privileges will NOT be granted if you fail
to comply with this order

Ignition Interlock Device is leased from a service provider for the duration of the vehicle sanction, a minimum of 12 months.
The lease and service agreement includes fees for installation, monthly service, and removal at the conclusion of the
sanction. Other fees may be assessed by the service provider for periodic calibration, violation resets, or permanent lockout

Even if the OWI offender does not own a vehicle, the operating privilege will be restricted, if the offender borrows leases or
rents a vehicle, it must be equipped with an IID to legally operate a vehicle.

There are currently four IID models certified for use in Wisconsin:

IID Model                                          Manufacturer                                               Phone Number
Intoxalock Model 1001A                   Consumer Safety Technology, Inc.              1-877-777-5020
Interlock XT                                      Draeger Safety, Inc.                                      1-800-597-5054
LifeSafer FC100                               LifeSafer Interlock                                         1-800-584-1226
SSI 20/20                                          Smart Start, Inc.                                            1-800-880-3394

View Full Site