INCARCERATION DIVERSION PROGRAM
Rachel Biertzer, Staff Sgt. / Huber/Work Release Supervisor
The GPS (Global Positioning System) office is located in the lobby of the Jail at 63 Western Avenue.
This office is open daily from 5:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
Office telephone number is (920) 906-5511.
The Fond du Lac County Sheriff’s Office Jail Division operates an Incarceration Diversion Program to include, but not limited to, a Global Positioning System (GPS) as an alternative to physical confinement within the Jail proper. The Incarceration Diversion Program is not used in lieu of incarceration, but as an extension of the detention system. The Incarceration Diversion Program was designed for offenders who pose a minimal risk to the community, or whose behavior and offense indicate a need for close supervision.
At the time of your sentencing in Fond du Lac County, the Judge’s Clerk will provide you with paperwork to complete. This Jail Information Packet is then forwarded to the Jail. The Huber/Work Release Supervisor reviews the information sheet and a determination is made regarding placement. You do NOT need to submit a separate application for placement on GPS program. If you did not receive paperwork at the time of sentencing, you can download the information here.
THIS DOES NOT GUARANTEE PLACEMENT ON THE INCARCERATION DIVERSION PROGRAMS
The privilege of GPS home monitoring as alternative housing is considered at the discretion of the Huber/Work Release Staff Sergeant. Consideration is based on the following (but not limited to) criteria:
• Inmate must have full-time, verifiable, payroll employment (Cash jobs are not allowed)
• Inmate must have approved, verified residence within Fond du Lac County, unless out of county exception is granted by Staff Sergeant.
• Open criminal cases
• Charges for acts of domestic violence
• Sentence length
• Current or past Jail classification and behavior
• Severity of charges and criminal history
• Recommendation of Probation Agent
• Agreement to fees related to GPS and rules associated with the program
• ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL, WEAPONS, OR ILLEGAL DRUGS ARE ALLOWED IN THE RESIDENCE DURING THE TIME PERIOD THAT YOU ARE ON THE PROGRAM. ALL OTHER ADULTS IN THE HOUSEHOLD MUST AGREE TO THIS PROVISION.
Fees currently are $16.00 per day or $112.00 per week. Effective August 2nd fees will increase to $22.00 per day or $154.00 per week. If deemed necessary, you may be required to utilize an in-home, alcohol monitoring unit. First two weeks of fees and the per diem (maintenance fee explained below) are due, in cash, at the time of booking. We accept cash and credit cards for subsequent payments. We do not accept personal checks.
All fees must be paid one week in advance.
In addition to Huber fees, each person is required to pay a per diem (maintenance fee). The fee is $5.00 per day, for a maximum of 10 days per sentence (case number). If the sentence is more than 10 days in length the maximum charge is $50.00. This charge is based on days sentenced, not actual days spent in custody.
The program supervisor will make the final determination of placement of all applicants.
Click below for GPS Application: